How to remove MSDP from NetBackup
Remove NetBackup media server deduplication
Step 1 – Remove client deduplication:
To disable client deduplication for a client
1. In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management –> Host Properties –> Master Servers.
2. In the details pane, select the master server name.
3. On the Actions menu, select Properties.
4. On the Host Properties Client Attributes General tab, select the client that
deduplicates its own data.
5. In the Deduplication Location drop-down list, select Always use the media server.
6. Click OK.
Step 2 – Delete the storage units that use the disk pool:
To delete a deduplication disk pool
1. In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand Media and Device Management –> Devices –> Disk Pools.
2. Select a disk pool
3. On the Edit menu, select Delete.
4. In the Delete Disk Pool dialog box, verify that the disk pool is the one you want to delete and then click OK.
Step 3 – Delete the disk pool:
<Install_path>\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\nbdevconfig -deletedp -stype PureDisk -dp PD01
Disk pool PD01 has been deleted successfully
Step 4 – Delete the deduplication storage server:
To delete a deduplication storage server
1. In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand Media and Device Management > Credentials > Storage Server
2. On the Edit menu, select Delete.
3. Click Yes in the confirmation dialog box.
Step 5 – Delete the configuration:
To delete the deduplication storage server configuration:
Delete the deduplication configuration by running one of the following scripts, depending on your operating system:
Step 6 – Delete the deduplication host configuration file:
Delete the file; it’s location depends on the operating system type, as follows:
The following is an example of the host configuration file name of a server that has a fully qualified domain name:
Step 7 – Delete the storage directory and the database directory:
Delete the storage directory and database directory. (Using a separate database directory was an option when you configured deduplication.)