Nutanix Alert Policies
CONFIGURING ALERT POLICIES
Acropolis comes with default alert policies, however you may customize them as per your requirement as below to change the trigger and frequency.
To customize the alert policies, do the following:
- In the gear icon pull-down list of the main menu, select Alert Policies. The Alert Policies window appears. This screen displays a list of alert events. Enter a string in the search box at the top or use the scroll bar on the right to search through the list.
Figure: Alert Policies Window
- To modify the alert policy for an event, click the pencil icon at the right of that line. Each line includes the ID number (NXxxxx), severity rating (critical, warning, or info), message text, frequency (how often the system checks for this condition), and enabled status (yes or no).
By default, all these events are enabled (trigger an alert) with a frequency of System Default. The Update Alert Policy dialog box appears.
- Update one or more of the policy parameters as desired (and allowed):
Figure: Update Alert Policy Window
- ID: Displays the event ID number. This value cannot be changed.
- Title: Displays the title for this event. This value cannot be changed.
- Severity: Displays the severity rating of this event. This value cannot be changed.
- Message: Displays the event message text. This value cannot be changed.
- Enabled: Check the box to enable (trigger alert); uncheck the box to disable (not trigger alert). Sets whether to trigger an alert when this event occurs.
- Frequency: Click the System default button to use the default interval (1 hour). Click the User defined button to set a custom interval and enter an integer value in the left field and Days or Hours from the pull-down list in the right field (for example 4 Hours or 1 Day). Sets how frequently the system checks for this event.
- Email Notifications: Check the Enabled box to enable email notifications; uncheck the box to disable email notification. Checking this box sends an email alert to a specified list of recipients when this event occurs. Do one or both of the following to specify the recipients list:
- Click the Include Global Contact List box to email everyone on the alert contacts list
- Enter the recipient email addresses (in a comma separated list) in the field. This can be in addition to or in lieu of the global contacts list.
- Click the Save button to save the changes and return to the Alert Policies window. (Click the Back button to return without saving any changes.)
- Repeat the previous step for any additional alert policies that you want to update.
- When the alert policies are correct, click the Close button.