How to Configure NFS on Linux Host
Configuration of NFS on NetApp Clustered ONTAP
On NetApp Cluster.
- Verify NFS license are active on the cluster
- Create a SVM with NFS protocol enabled
- On the SVM create a NFS server
- On the SVM, configure a export policies and add a Rule for access
- Configure NFS server with the appropriate security settings
- Mount the exported resources from the client, by default the volume is mounted using default export policy.
- Verify and if needed Unmount and Mount again to make sure export policy is selected.
On Linux Client.
- Login to Linux client with root user
- Run command “showmount -e svm_datalif_ipaddress” to display the shares
- Make a directory as “mkdir /mnt/NFSvol
- Mount the volume to Linux client using “mount svm_datalif_ipaddress:/NFSvol /mnt/NFSvol
- Run “ls -l” to view the share
- To test write from linux use command echo “write test from linux” >> nfs.txt
- cat nfs.txt – to see the text in the file
- Use chmod to chagne permissions (sample #chmod 1754 NFSvol)